Terrible title I know but I love it. I haven’t done a whole lot of decorating for fall yet but I did make a wreath for our front door. I started with this tutorial for a leaf covered monogram that I had pinned on Pinterest but used mod podge instead of spray glue.
I have a small collection of Letter Es around the house, so for this project, I used one that had gotten broken and glued back together. The grapevine wreath and the lace are leftovers from the wedding I did this spring, so all I needed were the leaves. I got my leaves from Michael’s and they are dried oak leaves that have been dyed. I think the fact that they once hung on a tree shows in the paper-y perfect textures and veins.
The letter I used is pretty heavy and much heavier on the left side due to the nature of the letter E. This makes it tilt and spin when hung from the grapevine wreath. I would recommend using a letter that is made of paper mache or something light so that the difference between sides isn’t so much. I would also recommend using a letter that is flat like in the tutorial rather than 3 dimensional and thick like mine. It was difficult getting the leaves to wrap around the edges and cover all the corners sometimes.
My front door area can kind of be a tunnel of red. I was afraid fall colors would just make it worse so I tried to use more of the yellow leaves than the red and orange. I think it balances out alright.