Sunday, February 13, 2011

Glitter, Glam, and Stargazer Lilies

A very sweet friend of mine is getting married on May 15th and I get to play florist! I am so excited! Here is Krista and her finance Leslie. Aren't they cute? (I stole this pic off Facebook . hehe)
Her wedding style will be simple bold statements using her favorite flower, the stargazer lily.
The colors she is using are the dark pink in the center of the petal with black and ivory accents. It is going to be so pretty.
Last weekend, I had her over to discuss details and set up a few prototypes of reception table centerpieces to choose from. Here I am all set up and ready for my client.
And here are options for the tables. They were created using silk flowers and small tea lights. They will be replaced with real flowers and glass votive holders and votive candles.

Option 1 uses a Dollar Tree vase, small bowl and candle with a single lily on top of a mirror with candles and sparkles. It will cost about $7 for each table.


Option 2 uses a bubble bowl vase, grapevine (that I am going to spray paint black), and a single lily on top of a mirror with candles and sparkles. It will cost between $5 and $9 depending on whether we can borrow the vases.


Option 3 uses one of my thrifted hurricanes with a pillar candle on top of a mirror with candles and sparkles. It will cost about $6 for each table.
This option has several options to it also. Vines swirled inside? Some sort of filler? Ribbon?

My bride decided she liked option 2 the best and then option 1. We are going to do a mix between the two with a higher concentration of option 2. The hurricanes are going to have ribbon swirled around the outside and be used other places such as the food serving table.

We made so many decisions that day from boutonnieres to pew adornments to bouquets to you name it.
 One thing I am excited about is a branch decoration I am going to make for guest to tie prayers, verses, and good wishes for the happy couple in the style of Japanese prayer trees.

It is going to be so fun working on all these projects and I am sure I will take you only the ride with me.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you're going to do her wedding flowers!!! Those lilies are so beautiful. I think the wedding I'm going to in March, that bride is using stargazer lilies as well. The Japanese prayer tree sounds really neat - I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni this sounds lime a boat that you're helping your friends! And you get to be creative to boot! YAY! Thanks for droppin' by temporary nest! :) hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! Options 2 is my favorite, too. Keep posting pics! :)

    ReplyDelete